Appreciations accepted

Vladlen Litvinov, the author: If you have some job offer for me, I'm ready to discuss it. View Vladlen Litvinov's profile on LinkedIn

Password

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Connections 5 Metrics. UDA-SQL-0432 Unable to locate the gateway "cogudaor" and others

At last I've installed Metrics for Connections 5. It was a real Kamasutra. Cognos is an awful product for installation. I remember my attempts of installing BAM. But it was only easy walk.
IBM created a new feature named Cognos Wizard for Connections. In my mind (or their may be) it must facilitate a process of installation. In fact I spent a lot of time for hopeless attempts.
But now I can give several advices for future brave hearts :)

1. First install Connections. Anyway now there are not any settings for Cognos in it. You have to use the attached Cognos Wizard.

2. Install 32-bit client for Oracle. Cognos does not understand 64-bit one. Create tnsnames.ora in it with new TNS NAME, METRICS, for example and point it on your DB.

3. Add to .profile for your user (I use Unix/Linux only, so Windows users can help themself)
There is some information here but it is not clear
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21341734 

export LD_PRELOAD=/lib64/libfreebl3.so
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ibm/IBM/Cognos/bin:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/u02/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_2/lib:/ibm/IBM/Cognos/CognosBI/bin
export ORACLE_BASE=/u02/app/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=/u02/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_2
export TNS_ADMIN=/u02/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_2/network/admin
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/u02/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_2/bin:/ibm/IBM/Cognos/CognosBI/bin
export PATH

I have x64 DB and x32 Client on the same machine, it is not easy way. I pointed the client folders here.

4. Install only Primary server for Cognos. I used WAS instance for Connections for this.

5. Remove ojdbc6.jar from installed Cognos application.

6. Execute http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21655725 

7. Add all our variables from step 3 to Cognos Server (ISC - <ServerName> - Process definition - Environment entries).

8. Install Transformer.

9. Run build_all.sh from <Transformer>/metricmodel folder.

10. Add users and groups for Metrics Roles using ISC for Common and Metrics application.

11. Restart all and pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment