Appreciations accepted

Vladlen Litvinov, the author: If you have some job offer for me, I'm ready to discuss it. View Vladlen Litvinov's profile on LinkedIn

Password

Thursday, October 2, 2014

IBM System Dashboard for ECM. Average Response Time - what's this?

Last two weeks I have to recall a programming because we need to monitor some production FileNet environment. I write some reporting system what use an information from IBM System Dashboard for ECM. I think, it is rather useful utility and can be a solid basis of some simple monitoring system.

Unfortunately, I had to explore algorithms of counting of  parameters and a compliance of parameters myself.

One of very important parameters what was asked our customer is Average Response Time for ECM servers. Who saw System Dashboard must know - these graphs are shown on its main page. I had to build the same graphs using my BIRT.
But there were no any parameters named "Response Time" in the list of server parameters.

I asked IBM Support Team. One guy answered me that it looks like a server's ping :)

I had to explore a compliance. And I was very confused when I discovered that "Average Response Time" is "MarkSweepCompact duration" in reality :) No any difference, really?

"Average Response Time" from System Dashboard.












"MarkSweepCompact duration" in metrics






 
 
 
My graph of "Average Response Time" :) (or "MarkSweepCompact duration") for Workplace separately.


No comments:

Post a Comment