Appreciations accepted

Vladlen Litvinov, the author: If you have some job offer for me, I'm ready to discuss it. View Vladlen Litvinov's profile on LinkedIn

Password

Friday, July 11, 2014

You need BPMConfig properties file for your 8.5 environment. What to do?

Tell you the truth, I don't use BPMConfig functionality for deploying of BPM 8.5 usually.
I don't like fill this big list of various settings, my eyes flounder in these small letters and so on.
I use old good PMT for this.
But, sometimes, the file of BPMConfig properties is needed.

There are a lot of situations for this. For example, you can start/stop your environment using only one command.
During a Deployment Environment creation the file bpmconfig-<DEName>-<datetime>.properties is created in the folder <WAS_ROOT>/logs/config. But, if you have deleted the file, what to do?

 OK, you've got some BPM 8.5 environment.

Run the command:

install_root/bin/BPMConfig.sh -export -profile deployment_manager_profile_name -de deployment_environment_name -outputDir path_to_configuration_files

for example:

/ibm/bpm855/bin/BPMConfig.sh -export -profile Dmgr01 -de BPMAPC -outputDir /ibm/bpm855/bin/

You get the file <YourDEName>.properties with the full set of parameters of your environment instead of cutted examples what you can find in the folder BPM/samples/config

Now you can use it for deploying of another environments or admire it :)

Try to start our environment using our file:

/ibm/bpm855/bin/BPMConfig.sh -start /ibm/bpm855/bin/BPMAPC.properties
Logging to file /ibm/bpm855/logs/config/BPMConfig_20140711-113001.log.
Starting deployment manager profile Dmgr01.
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
           /ibm/bpm855/profiles/Dmgr01/logs/dmgr/startServer.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the Dmgr01 profile
ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: dmgr
ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
ADMU3000I: Server dmgr open for e-business; process id is 28204
Starting node BPMAPCNode01.
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
           /ibm/bpm855/profiles/PCenter01/logs/nodeagent/startServer.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the PCenter01 profile
ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: nodeagent
ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
ADMU3000I: Server nodeagent open for e-business; process id is 28535
Starting cluster BPMAPC.SingleCluster.
The 'BPMConfig.sh -start /ibm/bpm855/bin/BPMAPC.properties' command completed successfully.


It works.

3 comments:

  1. Is this command to be ran on the Process Server or Process Center ?
    Which server is "Dmgr01"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fernando,
    in this example - on PC. But you can use it on PS too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BPMConfig describes a separate Deployment Environment (PC or PS).

    ReplyDelete